Research , Quantitative or Qualitative is crucial to understanding the ever dynamic needs of the customer and partners (read stakeholders) . The theme or objective of research in today’s world is to know the shifts in their brand assessment or the lifecycle across its association with firm /people / brand /presence as evaluated under the aegis of “Customer experience and Customer needs ” . The challenge though lies in not just articulating the Objective or purpose but also the methodology adopted to gauge the opinion not only as quick as possible but also without losing the merits or authenticity . Notwithstanding the customer access be it mobile , web, phone or portal or even third party neutral feedback forums or blogs and digital or social media, does Power of VOICE prevail?
The nature of surveys or research stands out for its efficacy , applicability , existential , experiential purpose and the complexity of responses ( raw data)collected and its analysis to derive instruments of expression thereby an OUTCOME . The bigger question though is how much of it is advisable on PHONE CATI
The big debate though remains (if administered on Phone) :
- Does Customer really want to express through surveys any more ,given that feedbacks are now promptly captured via two ways ?
- Does research need to challenge established notions which are proven from time to time ?
- Does Customer offer feedback which are un aided ?
- Does Customer offer quite measured feedback , I mean prefers to take a safe view ?
- Does Customer really thank Brand to offer them an option which is they find really very convenient to execute?
- Does Customer find it comfortable to express without being in person ?
- Does Customer use this as a means to voice out ?
- Does Customer who are reticent freely express ?
- Does Customer who are time pressed can schedule their interviews ?
- Does Customer get an opportunity to clarify the doubts on the questionnaire thereby giving credible and proper answers ?
- Does Customer comprehend the questions ?
Surprising though is the fact that mode of administering Surveys may have evolved from F2F to tech savy tools using Tablets , the Power of VOICE prevails as that is the biggest connector and communicator medium, let this debate continue as we raise this topic called “ Research using Phone CATI ” and do share your views and thoughts .
Happy reading and hope to see VOICE prevailing ( without prejudice)……